If you are looking for a gentle and natural cleanser for your skin, you are in the right place! Because Honey might be the best solution 😊 ..
Honey is just THE skincare beauty secret for a baby smooth skin! Are you ready to discover more about this precious ingredient… SO, Let’s go!
- Honey has natural antibacterial benefits: so, it basically cleans impurities. It helps with pimples, eczema, and blackheads. Honey is also beneficial for relieving redness.
- Honey is also humectant: which means it also helps retain moisture in the skin. (even though it has slightly astringent properties) . These 2 combinations are very very rare in an ingredient. This also means that EVERY skin type can use it! Either you have oily, mature, dehydrated skin, dry skin, acne-prone skin, and EVEN sensitive skin … you can still use it! Isn’t that wonderful? 😊 (P.S: this also why we can use it as a cleanser shhhh😉).
- PH regulator: honey preserves the skin’s acid mantle (which is a thin film present in our skin that preserves our skin’s natural pH balance, which helps preventing the apparition of infections and breakouts). Many harsh cleansers in the market disrupt the skin’s natural pH balance, which lead to apparition of bacteria leading to infections and breakouts. Whereas honey, as an awesome natural ingredient is here to preserve your natural skin balance.
- Honey has natural anti-aging properties: According to a study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology , the use of honey “keeps the skin juvenile and retards wrinkle formation”.
When should you use honey?
- Honey does not act as a make-up remover. Honey is ideal using it as the second step of a double cleansing. (which means you have to cleanse your make-up first, then opt for this method).
- You can use it alone, in the morning when you do not have any make-up residue.
How to choose your honey?
- Be careful with the terms “100% natural”, this is generally a marketing trap. It means that the honey used in it is 100% natural, but it does not mean they did not add any other harmful ingredients.
- Look at the ingredient list; Many of them contain added sugar syrup, and other substances… Make sure the only ingredient is HONEY.
- Make sure there is an “Organic” label or buy from your trusted local apiarist if you have one.
- Raw and unfiltered honey; make sure to purchase for raw and unfiltered honey because it has strong medicinal properties.
- If you are willing to use Manuka honey, make sure its MGO indicator (this indicator measures the molecule methylglyoxal, which is the active antibacterial molecule of Manuka honey) is minimum 200+
How to use Honey as a face wash?
- Remove your make-up: remove your make-up if you have any (you can use oil-cleansing method)
- Make sure your skin is still damp when application of honey3.
- Add a small amount of honey into your hand, and use your fingers to apply honey on your face4.
- Massage it in circular motions with your fingertips5.
- Let it sit for 3-5 minutes (or more if you want)6.
- Rinse your skin with tepid water
And… VOİLA ! 😊
How often should I use Honey to wash my skin?
- This method is usable in daily bases. You can use it either in the morning alone, or at night after cleaning your make-up.
- Honey can cause allergic reactions for some people. This is why it is highly recommended to do a patch test at least 24 hours before any decision of use.
How to keep it?
- Place your honey in a glass jar.
- Many honeys start to crystallize after a while, which is a natural. This does not mean your honey is low-quality, it is a natural process.
- However, if your honey started crystallizing, place your honey into a glass recipient, and heat it a little bit in a bain-marie (never in microwave!)
- Why should you reheat it? Because sugar crystals can damage your skin.