7 benefits of Green Tea for your Skin:
|Green Tea has been used for thousands years especially in Asia where it is considered as one of the base of natural medicine.
Centuries later, scientifical research validate green tea’s benefits.
Green Tea has many benefits for the mind, the brain, the body, and even the skin. This tea is a super star ingredient 😊
|The legend says it has been discovered thousands of years ago in China.
Japanese green tea, or matcha, is also a big rising star thanks to its high level of antioxidants.
Active Ingredients of Green Tea:
|Green Tea has antioxidants and many polyphenols. The percentage can vary depending on factors such as climate, season, its brewing time and freshness…
Green Tea has many vitamins in it, mainly vitamin C and around 40 minerals (where potassium and phosphorus are mainly present)
Why Green Tea is more used for beauty than other teas?
|Each tea has different composition and so different effects on skin.
Green tea is very rich in polyphenols (which has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, DNA repair benefits) when compared to red and black tea.
7 Benefits of green tea (drinking + topical application):
|1) Anti-aging properties: Green tea has strong antioxidant properties thanks to its rich amount of polyphenols. Green Tea neutralizes free radicals which cause to premature skin aging.
Moreover, vitamin B2 present in green tea contributes to maintain your skin’s collagen level, which also help preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
2) Protects skin against UV harms: Tannins present in Green Tea, protects skin against UV harms.
3) Helps with dark circles and eye bags: Green Tea helps with blood circulation thanks to its rich amount of tannins. When blood circulation circulates healthily, it also helps with dark circles and eye bags.
4) Helps against skin cancer: Green Tea contains EGCG which is a powerful antioxidant that helps against UV damage but also helps prevent skin cancer. (research: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3077767/ )
5) Anti-inflammatory benefits: Green Tea has high amount of polyphenols, catechins. Catechins helps the skin with redness and irritations. Plus, Topical application of green tea to your skin can even soothe minor cuts and sunburns. ( research: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27634207/ )
6) Anti-bacterial benefits: Green Tea has polyphenols which help treating bacterial growth and fight against infections, which means it can help treating acne and unclog pores. (research: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5384166/ + https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763290/ )
7) Mosturizing benefits: Green tea has vitamin E, which has anti-aging benefits and helps with skin hydration. Topical application of green tea has moisturizing benefits to the skin according to https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23742288/
|Do not forget to patch test (example: on the inside of your elbow) before any decision of use (at least before 24h).|
Bonus Benefits of green tea:
|-Helps you losing weight; green tea helps boosting your metabolism.
-Helps reducing heart disease
-Helps improving your memory
-Helps reducing the risk for some type of cancers (colone, breast, prostate, skin..)